What are Mini Implants?
Mini Implants are smaller size dental implants which are ideal for keeping dentures in place. The upper and lower dentures are attached to the Mini Implants by “O” rings and will no longer flop around. The placement procedure is not as complex as conventional root form implants and as a result, they are less expensive to place. Also, full dentures can be modified to fit the Mini Implants the same day the Implants are placed, so the patient is able to leave the dental office with firmly secured dentures.
Advantages of Mini Implants vs Larger Root Form Implants:
- The Implants are usually less complicated to place.
- Being less complicated to place, there is usually less post-operative discomfort.
- The costs of Mini Implants is much less compared to full or partial implants.
- Dentures can usually be modified to attach to Implants the same day the Implants are placed.
- Healing time after placement of Implants is usually faster with less discomfort.